Mission and goals
The Patan Academy of Health Sciences is dedicated to sustained improvement of the health of the people of Nepal, especially those who are poor and living in rural areas, through innovation, equity, excellence and love in education, service and research.
The goals of the Patan Academy of Health Sciences are to:
• Train technically competent, caring and socially responsible physicians and other health care professionals who:
- believe in compassion, love, respect, fairness and excellence
- communicate well with patients, family and colleagues
- are committed to life long learning
- have the willingness and ability to become inspiring leaders in their respective fields and deal with the existing and emerging health care challenges in Nepal.
• Sustain and upgrade the quality of the current health services of the PAHS-related hospitals preserving the tradition of giving special consideration to the needs of the poor and disadvantaged.
• Undertake appropriate clinical, public health and biomedical research.
• Work in collaboration with the national health system (NHS) to contribute to the improvement of the health status of the people in Nepal, and proactively encourage the national government in the development of appropriate health policies, programs and systems to uplift the health of the rural poor.
• Enable deserving students from underprivileged sectors of Nepali society to access health science education, including medical, nursing and other allied health science education.